While it is fairly simple to maintain elements of block paving near your home, it isn't completely easy to maintain and as a way to keep your paving looking its best it will certainly require routine cleaning. There are also steps that you can use to prevent problems developing with your block paving and this can make the maintenance process much easier.
Let us have a look at the 5 points which will help keep your drive, path or patio area looking great for years to come:
- Hold unwanted weeds away. Weeds won't grow through the block paving within the surface underneath, however they will start to grow in the joints in between the stones. Treating the area around the joints with weed killer, even if you're yet to see any weeds, can help stop this issue from developing. Prevention is certainly much better than cure in this case, as established weeds is usually difficult to move completely after they have taken hold.
- Thoroughly clean the paving frequently. Frequently washing your block paving will stop it looking mucky and worn out. The very best way to clean your paving is to comprise a solution of hot soapy water and to use this formula to the paving using a brush with hard bristles. These bristles can also help get rid of particles from the joints.
- Deal with algae as soon as possible. For those who have block paving that is produced from natural stone, then you may experience problems with algae, and these problems can start to reveal after just a brief amount of time. One of the most efficient ways to deal with algae is to apply regular home bleach, and this ought to be done as soon as you first notice the algae.
- Consider making use of a power washer. Making use of a power washer can really improve the appearance of your block paving by getting rid of all the dirt and grime that has built up and help restore the paving to its original colour. This is not a procedure that needs to be undertaken too often however, since over use of power washers can damage the materials that the paving is made from.
- Close up the joints of the paving. For those who have a lot of issues with weeds and water entering the joints of the paving, then making use of a sealant could help. This can help preserve the joints and may reduce the amount of problems that you have with unwanted weeds. It may likewise extend the life span of your block paving. Check out this website for more resources on EKS Block Paving.
Maintaining your block paving doesn't have to be a difficult or time intensive job, and the more often it's carried out, the easier it will be the next time. If you never carry out any maintenance on your block paving, in that case at some point in the future you will certainly begin to discover that it does not look as great as it used to, and when you get to this point, it is usually difficult to put things right.